And so I write out our plans for our little homestead.
For 2011 (with approximate completion time): will
5) Build fly/maggot traps for chicken feed (May) Husbandman drew the line at farming flies.
9) Install hay storage area over pump house (whenever) Decided that wasn't such a good idea... they'd maul us at each feeding.
For years beyond:
1) Add another partition to the pasture, one each year of 2012 and 2013, including separating and burning felled branches in each paddock.
2) Develop a grain patch to grow some of our own goat or chicken grain. (2014?)
4) Clear to southern property line (2012)
5) Install a southern "fence" and plant blackberries and grapes along it. (2013) May be rethought with plans for a tree house.
7) Clear area for garden expansion, expanding about 10-15' each year beginning in 2013.