Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter Casualties

The misery of sub-freezing temps has passed for now. And here's some pics of the carnage left in its wake...



Ice that was in the goat's water bucket. This is about 9:30am. When I went out the first time, the ice was so thick it wouldn't come out. Its about 1.25" thick.






A frog that died early on and sunk to the bottom of a rain barrel. How in the world am I going to get that thing out???










Another frog... this time encased in the ice from the rain barrel. I had heard that frogs can freeze and will thaw out to continue living. I'm seriously skeptical of this, but I still pulled out the ice (lest I have TWO dead frogs at the bottom of a rain barrel) and left it in the sun in a hidden bit of scrub woods. If it didn't thaw soon it would be racoon food that night, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment